Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fertility Help at the Dentist... ?

Yesterday I went to the dentist for my cleaning appointment.  Mind you I was already unsettled because (1) I hate going to the dentist and (2) 6 months ago when I was there I refused xrays because there was a possibility I was pregnant... and I just didn't want to be asked about that.
 
I saw a new hygienist.  She was reviewing my file before she started and asked if I was still taking a medication listed in my file.  I let her know I was and she asked if I was on it for diabetes.  I am on it, but not for diabetes, it was prescribed by my obgyn to help me get pregnant.  I told her that is why I was on it... because my husband and I were trying for a baby. Then she said to me... "You know what I recommend for that?  A bottle of wine while on vacation".
 
Now I know... she was probably just trying to be helpful... but the last thing a woman struggling to get pregnant wants to hear is "tips and tricks" from others.  Believe me when I say we have tried a vacation (July of 2011) and have consumed several bottles of wine.  We have also tried about every other trick in the book - standing on my head, relaxing, not trying, etc...
 
I am sure myself and countless others just wished like crazy all it took was a vacation and a bottle of wine... because believe me I would have booked a trip and bought a case of wine immediately after leaving their office yesterday.  
 
Here is a great article a friend shared with me - 12 Things You Should Never Ask a Woman.

No comments: